FireBox x500 CPU Utilazation ??

I=B4m running a X500 and monitoring the CPU shows a common use between

80-90 %.. Is that normal? It doesnt matter if there is one or 100 Clients.. its allways up there.

Any ideas?

Yss:=20 PaU

Reply to
pau_zathrus
Loading thread data ...

Hi

Can you explain whih crae the services enabled and defined in policy for traffic bypassing X Box 500

CK

pau snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
CK

No idea - it really depends on what solution you built.

Most of the WG firewalls we have installed, all over the USA/India, run=20 about 20%, sometimes a burp to 30%, but that's about it.

Maybe you need to look at what you built, why you selected such a low- level (entry level) firewall, and if it was the proper solution for your=20 needs.

--=20

snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com remove 999 in order to email me

Reply to
Leythos

Leythos skrev:

Behind is a Ws5000 Wireless Switch with 9 AP300 Access Point and a variation og 10- 130 Mobile Units. (Laptops with Wireless access). On the outside is a FiberOptic 10-20 Mbit connection. Short on the Firebox config. For 30 Users there is free (any out) access. The rest only has Http allowed.=20 Thats it..=20 Yss:=20 PaU

Reply to
pau_zathrus

Based on what you've shown above, it would seem that you've bought to=20 little appliance for your solution.

Would it be correct to assume that you're using routed mode (NAT)=20 instead of Drop-In mode.

When you say Mobile units, are you talking about Mobile VPN users?

It really appears as though you bought to small an appliance for the=20 solution you were building.

--=20

Reply to
Leythos

Leythos skrev:

It should be able to handle 140 concurrent clients shouldn=B4t it? No VPN. Mobile Units are just Laptops with Wireless within the Wireless LAN. No external users..

Reply to
pau_zathrus

Yes, it should handle about 800 connections, but you've not shown what=20 it's doing. I understand what you wrote, but, that doesn't indicate=20 anything as to what kind of load. Have you looked in the real-time=20 logging to determine what is really going on?

--=20

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.