CyberGuard V2.x or CX/UX 6.2 anyone? Help needed!

Anyone out there still running CyberGuard V2.x firewalls?

Unfortunately my employer is, and I'm expected to keep them alive for another 6 months or so until the legacy application they are part of can be killed off.

One of them failed after a power outage on the weekend - disk would not spin up. This is common enough, and usually not a problem - I just drop in another disk, boot from tape, and restore the latest backup tape.

Problem is, none of my miniroot tapes will boot - all 4 of them have gone bad. It's not the drive, I got the same result on 2 different machines, both of which read recent backup tapes just fine.

I should be able to create a new miniroot tape on one of the running systems, but there's no documentation on how to do so. The backup tapes are created by a script "backupCYBERGUARD", which uses fdump. I found a release note which says the corresponding restore script "restoreCYBERGUARD" lives in /usr/src/cmd, but that directory is empty on my systems - so even if I manage to create and boot from a new miniroot tape, I don't have a copy of the restore script - it seems my only copies were on the bad tapes :-(

I called CyberGuard's tech support, they were very nice but quite sure they had no V2.x archives, or any remaining staff with CX/UX knowledge.

If anyone still has a functioning CyberGuard V2.x miniroot tape, or a listing of restoreCYBERGUARD, or even perhaps enough CX/UX knowledge to explain how to restore backup tapes manually, I'd be most greatful if you would reply.

TIA

Reply to
Triffid
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.