checkpoint

Hi,

I've just installed a new MS Exchange server (we normally run Linux email servers, so its all new to me), any how when I try to add my account on the Exchange server to Outlook on my desktop the firewall drops it, it appears to think its an attack. I've got a rule on the firewall that says allow any from my_desktop to my_exchange, so I would have thought that rule would have just let it through. The logged entry is below.

Does any one have any idea?

Thanks in advance,

jc

Number: 202646 Date: 17Mar2005 Time: 15:03:00 Product: SmartDefense Attack Name: Dynamic Ports Interface: eth3 Origin: my_firewall (public_ip) Type: Log Action: Drop Service: 135 Source: my_desktop (priv_ip_subnet1) Destination: my_exchange_server (priv_ip_subnet2) Protocol: tcp Source Port: 8432 Information: reason: tried to open a known service port, protocol: tcp port_svc: Remote_Storm

Reply to
John Clement
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.