Application Firewalls.

Hello,

Can some guide me about aLayer3 Firewall with Following Capabilitites:

Microsoft Active Directory Integration: Bandwidth management Applications and Users. Application Bandwidth management.

I hope this is hardly possible to include all these features in one module,,but I want at least two of them integrated

( Please don't include MS ISA server "the pathetic " )

Regards,

Nasir Mahmood Sr.Executive IT (Data Networks) Pak Telecom Mobile Limited (Ufone) Islamabad, Pakistan. cell: +923335500097

Reply to
goooglegroups
Loading thread data ...

First your post says "application firewall" but you ask about a layer 3 firewall. These are not the same. I think you mean an application layer firewall correct?

Really LDAP integration. Why do you ask for this? You want to allow only authenticated users web access? Restrict by user groups maybe?

Most, even open source firewalls, can do this. Well not for users but for port based applications. You can also prioritize your traffic in/out of your company by doing it on your routers and switches.

Isn't this the same as above?

NEVER. ISA is a POS.

I am not sure if you will find an all-in-one, if you do it will be very pricey. You might be better off splitting it up into different servers.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Pelletier

Zone Alarms Integrity will integrate AD groups and users if you did not move them to a different OU. From there you can create policies to apply to your groups. It also has the application intelligence layer 7 for only a handful of protocols like http, ftp, smtp, impa4, nntp, pop3 Layer 3 settings are located under the firewall option.

Michael Pelletier wrote:

Reply to
mobius

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.