64-Bit Firewall

: > I guess Vista will have such an animal included when it's released in a : > few weeks.

: Who cares? Vista is unusable in any reasonable understanding, because you : always need to fear that the kernel-integrated DRM isn't used against you - : and this is trivial, even for non-DRMed data.

Are you implying that no-one will care about Vista? That we don't have to deal with it because the users won't use it? Please enlight me; which OS will the users convert to. Users today seem not to care much about such issues, and using passport, MSN, etc at large.. But I guess you have the ultimate solution that will enlighten people and get them on a better track? Sounds like a dream, but I'm not so sure that will be the reality?

Lars

Reply to
larstr
Loading thread data ...

No. Just that no-one who understands Vista would use is voluntarily.

No, just that security reviews on Vista are useless, as long as an intentional vulnerability is openly maintained.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote: : > Are you implying that no-one will care about Vista?

: No. Just that no-one who understands Vista would use is voluntarily.

Then I guess we will still have to deal with questions from these users. And I guess we will still have to care about these users.

Are people using anything voluntarily as they buy computer systems with a preinstalled OS? Any it might be that their business critical application also exists only for the win32 platform.

I understand that this does not apply to you, but it does indeed apply to a significant enough number of users that we can't ignore it.

Lars

Reply to
larstr

Utter piffle.

Reply to
Greg Hennessy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.