GARP/GVRP Question

Hello Everybody,

I have been trying to understand the example code provided for GARP in

802.1d 1998 edition.

There are certain variables for which I am not able to understand their significance as regard to the code implementation. If someone has implemented/studied this kindly suggest if my understanding is correct.

There is a variable in Garp.h file

unsigned last_gid_used;

and it has been used at numerous places in the code.

I am giving excerpts from the example implementation in the standard

e.g

(1)in Gid.c under gid_create_gid as follows -

my_port->last_transmitted = application->last_gid_used; my_port->last_to_transmit = application->last_gid_used;

Here I am assume that they are trying to make sure that at the time when GID instance is created for this port it should be in default, i.e insure to this port/instance that there are transmissions pending

(2) It has been used in Destroy GID as well where I assume code is going through the whole array of GID instances and seeing if the instances which are registered and then destroying them

static void gid_destroy_gid(Gid *gid) { unsigned gid_index; for (gid_index = 0; gid_index application-

last_gid_used; gid_index++)

{ if (gid_registered_here(gid, gid_index)) gid->application->leave_indication_fn(gid->application, gid, gid_index); } sysfree(gid->machines); sysfree(gid); }

(3) static void gid_leaveall(Gid *my_port) { /*

• only for shared media at present
*/ unsigned i; Garp *application; application = my_port->application; for (i = 0; i last_gid_used; i++) (void) gidtt_event(my_port, &my_port->machines[i], Gid_rcv_leaveempty); }

I am having problems undestanding the code at this point because I was assuming that last_gid_used is keeping track of the number og gid instances created for the application

But above code is used for sending leaveall messages to all the state machines of a port(Participant) How come we are using last_gid_used? Should not we use upper_limit of gid machines allowed per port

Kindly correct me my understanding??

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Jassy.

Reply to
jassy2005
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.