ethernet switch book ??

"The Switch Book" by Rich Seifert " is very good. But there are a lot new features developed after that book published. Does Rich have any plan for next edition? or any new switch book covered more last five years technology?

Thanks your advice, steve

Reply to
aaabbb16
Loading thread data ...

I have discussed doing a second edition with my publisher, to cover exactly the sort of things the poster implies: RSTP, MSTP, Authentication, Provider Bridges, etc. Unfortunately, my current time commitments prevent me from working on this project, but that may change over the next year. I don't know of any single book today that adequately covers the developments in switch technology over the past 5 years; most of the information may be available only from the standards themselves, or from various "white papers" and similar vendor documentation.

-- Rich Seifert Networks and Communications Consulting 21885 Bear Creek Way (408) 395-5700 Los Gatos, CA 95033 (408) 228-0803 FAX

Send replies to: usenet at richseifert dot com

Reply to
Rich Seifert

Rich, It is time to publish your second edition of "The Switch book" The most of your honestly reader are eagerly waiting it. please...............

Reply to
aaabbb16

Slacker! :)

I find that in general, there is a dearth of REALLY good technical books. Too bad really. I hope you find the time to write the second edition!

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.