Errata in 802.1D-2004

I've checked the IEEE site and that is no errata document for

802.1D-2004 though I've found a dozen or more typos. Most I'm pretty confident about the intended meaning but figure 17-20 (page 175) has a state transition on

((selectedRole == DisabledPort) # && (role != selectedRole)

where "#" is actually shown as a dash through a logical or, ||, but I can't recreate that here. This section is quite different from the same section of 802.1w-2001 but I'm guessing that an early draft of

802.1D-2004 had an || there and then it was correct to && with a strike-out added to the || and the struck-out || wasn't removed from the final standard. (This flaw exists in the PDF on IEEE.org, too.)

1) Does anyone here have an educated or authoritative take on how this condition should be read?

2) Is there a way I can bring this error to IEEE's attention?

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Nelson
Loading thread data ...

I've found an ambiguity that I can't resolve. In a note on page 60, it's made clear that "higher" and "lower" are confusing because higher (better) priorities are lower numbers. And yet on page 169, in

17.21.25, l) it says, "...the designated priority vector is higher than the port priority vector...". So, is that higher priority or a higher number?
Reply to
Christopher Nelson

You can get on the IEEE 802.1 mailing list and post your questions there. See

formatting link
Anoop

Reply to
anoop

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.