Equipment opinion

I need to replace a bad 3Com switch and have naroowed the choices to the following replacements; Asante GX5-2400W; Netgear GSM7224; SMC 8624T; D-Link DGS-3324SR.

Any opinions on the above replacements as to quality, use, etc.....

Barry Streets

Reply to
Barry Streets
Loading thread data ...

A nice collection of low end switches. I can assume that you have a low demand network with only one switch and no need to expand beyond 24 ports. If this isn't true throw out this bunch and look at 3Com SuperStack, Dell, HP, Cisco, and Nortel (just to be complete). If it is correct go with warranty, price, and support. Also do they cross ship a replacement, or replace NBD or 4 hour. It sucks having the LAN down while you wait for you replacement switch.

Reply to
RC

You are correct, in that we will not need to expand beyond the 24 ports. I currently have a 3Com 3c16980 switch ( Superstack II) and I'm not very impressed with it. It seems after several days after its rebooted I can no longer access the web page or telnet into it.

BS

Reply to
Barry Streets

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.