BEFSR41 led behaviour on power-up

Hello:

I recently had a power surge take out my router (linksys BEFSR41 v2 Firmware Version 1.46) i was able to repair it, everything seems to work fine, but on power-up all leds light except the Act on the WAN column, i can't remember if it was like that before the surge. Could someone be so kind as to unplug and plug his/her unit and see if it behaves like mine?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Sousa

Reply to
Steve Sousa
Loading thread data ...

I have a Linksys BEFSR11; so old that there is no 'v' number on the label. On power up, all the lights will flash; WAN 'Act' and 'Diag' lights briefly red, all others green. After the boot sequence completes, it settles down with just the WAN 'Link' light lit, and occasional flashes of the WAN 'Act' light in response to LAN traffic from the Netgear. There is currently no device attached to the LAN port.

Reply to
NormanM

Thank you for your answer.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Sousa

You are welcome. I am currently trying to decide what to do with it. I had an older, flaky firmware revision; but it seems to be stable since bringing the firmware current.

Reply to
NormanM

normal, I believe this indicates a self-test is being run. I have a question for you about "i was able to repair it" HOW? I think mine (linksys BEFSR41 v2 Firmware Version 1.46) received a power surge as well. Now whenever I plug in a lan cable, I get all LEDs on that channel blinking rapidly or solid - Link/Act, Full/Col and 100 respectively. Can not seem to communicate with router - ping, tftp, etc..... Any ideas?

Any help, suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards, Andrew R. (Willy's NOT my real name.... ;/ )

Reply to
willybgates

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.