Wireless Bridge (1310-based) issues

I have the following setup-

4510 1310Bridge1 1310Bridge2 2950

I have no errors for the interface on the 4510 that is connected to bridge

1. I show no errors for the Ethernet connection on Bridge1, but there are an immense amount of Output errors on the wireless side. If I look at the detailed stats, on the receive side there are a lot of CRC and Header CRC errors. On the transmit side there are a alot of "Packets with one retry" and about 6 times that amount of "Packets with more than one retry".

On Bridge2, on the receive side there are also a ton of CRC and Header CRC errors, and the tx values for the retry packets is reversed from that of Bridge1. They both also have high values for 'Protocol Defers' and 'Energy Detect Defers'.

On the 2950 connection interface, there are a few CRC and frame errors. The percentage is negligable compared to the total amount of traffic.

It seems that the two radios are not talking correctly to each other, however I am not really sure what to look for to correct it. I looked through the setup and nothing really jumped out at me. Thoughts?

Reply to
Harkin
Loading thread data ...

Coming at this from a slightly diferent angle and working under the impression that the wireless side of the connection is only half duplex, this looks like the sort of thing you may see from an incorreclty configured switch port.

IE : I would expect to see this sort of thing if a PC with a NIC set to full/100 was connected to a switchport set to half/10

I would check the settings on the switchports and the bridge ethernet ports and if that doesn't throw anything up, have a look at the type of packets travering the WLAN.

You could also try getting a capture of what is going on with ethereal or summit similar ?

Hope this helps ..

Drop the ZZZ to reply

Cheers ...

Reply to
Chris_D

Try shortening the MTU. I think it may be called fragmentation in the config, but I'm not sure.

You should expect to see those types of errors, especially if the airspace is packed with other 802.11 devices or you have other interference issues.

Reply to
Benrand

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.