where do the LAN smtp traffic come from?

I have an access-list where I block all emails (smtp) sent from LAN computers.

access-list acl_out extended deny tcp any any eq smtp

This access-list catches allot of emails. How do I track these emails and find the computer who sends them?

My firewall is a Cisco ASA 5505

Thanks Toppy

Reply to
Toppy
Loading thread data ...

Turn up logging and capture those logs in a syslog server and review them. It will tell you which IP's are emitting SMTP traffic.

Google Cisco Syslog

Reply to
Artie Lange

Capture logging..

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

What are allotted emails? Who allots them?

Barry ===== Home page

formatting link

Reply to
Barry OGrady

The people who make the NetEnforcer. :-)

But of course it's bad form to make jokes at the expense of someone whose first language probably isn't English.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Sam Wilson schrieb:

Actually, it probably is. That sort of mistake (writing phonetically rather than grammatically) is made much more frequently by native speakers of the language in question than by those who learned it as a second language.

Reply to
Tilman Schmidt

Umm. As a native speaker of English for something over 50 years, and native writer for a little less, that's not an error I've seen at all frequently. I have no statistics, but it does seem more like the kind of mistake a non-native speaker would make. If Toppy would like to enlighten us I'd be glad, but I think we're getting off topic.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.