DNS inside DMZ

Pls give me some idea how to configure primary DNS inside DMZ network. And this DNS will my real dns where public users will query and find my MX or A names include forward & reverce dns query.

Thank You.

Reply to
Tuhin
Loading thread data ...

In article , Tuhin wrote: :Pls give me some idea how to configure primary DNS inside DMZ network. :And this DNS will my real dns where public users will query and find my :MX or A names include forward & reverce dns query.

It depends on whether you have Network Address Translation going on or not. If you do have NAT, then it depends upon the NAT facilities offered by the device and version (which you didn't mention.)

You've posted a very small number of messages (at least under that email address), one of which mentioned PIX. If you are using NAT on a PIX, then the way to configure your DNS is to put the

*internal* IP addresses in the DNS files, and then on the 'static' commands that allow outside people access to your DNS server, add the keyword 'dns'.; on the 'nat' or 'static' command that allows your inside users access to the DMZ host containing the DNS server, add the 'dns' keyword.

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I'm not familiar with how NAT fixups behave on PIXen but one thing I discovered with IOS is that zone transfers don't get 'adjusted'.

If the PIX exhibits the same behaviour you'll want to stick with returning external IP addresses for external queries.

Reply to
Rod Dorman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.