VPN Client version

Connecting to pix 501 using client version 4 works, but using the same version client - i can't connect to pix 515.

what should I do?

Reply to
Meni
Loading thread data ...

In article , Meni wrote: :Connecting to pix 501 using client version 4 works, but using the same :version client - i can't connect to pix 515.

:what should I do?

Check to see that the 501 and 515 are running the same PIX release, and check to see that the 515 has nat-traversal turned on.

Beyond that... we need debug logs.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

In article , Walter Roberson wrote: |In article , |Meni wrote: |:Connecting to pix 501 using client version 4 works, but using the same |:version client - i can't connect to pix 515.

|:what should I do?

|Check to see that the 501 and 515 are running the same PIX release, |and check to see that the 515 has nat-traversal turned on.

In your other post you mention pix 515. os 6.2 . 6.2 did not have nat-traversal: you need 6.3 for that. The 501, being a newer model, is more likely to have 6.3 installed.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Pardon the question, but i assume that upgrading the OS version is not something you cando free of charge, right?

Reply to
Meni

In article , Meni wrote: :Pardon the question, but i assume that upgrading the OS version is not :something you cando free of charge, right?

If you have 6.2 now, you probably cannot upgrade to 6.3 for free.

The key to free upgrades is to read the PIX Security Advisories carefully. If you can find a security issue which is fixed in

6.3 which is not fixed in any 6.2, then Cisco will let you do the upgrade for free. Cisco is, though, usually pretty good about patching both the newest and second newest minor train, so you probably will not find such a thing (but you would, though, likely be able to upgrade to the newest subrelease within 6.2.)
Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.