Voice Interface Card

I am using a unique analog telephony device that is connected to a VIC2-2FXS Voice Interface Card on a Cisco 3725 router. I noticed that it does not always hang up correctly, and this problem does not occur with other Voice Over IP adapters.

I decided to measure the voltage between Tip and Ring on the router's Voice Interface Card, and here is what I got:

On hook: 46.1V

Off hook: 6.26V

Talking: -6.26V

I noticed that it switches the polarity between when you're off hook and when you're talking, whereas other Voice Over IP adapters usually have about 6.26V for both.

So my question is, is there any way to disable this polarity switching? I suspect this may be part of the problem I'm seeing with incorrect hangups.

Thank you.

Reply to
mike7411
Loading thread data ...

Hi Mike,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Understanding FXO Disconnect Problem:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.