understand multicasting from the client/host perspective .

thanks Ryan!

You and Mike are the type of my favorite teachers. From the way you teach I can see how you study things ...

I've seen too many people just know certain aspects of a technology, and also forget common sense when they talk about a technology.

I believe all technologies can be described with layman terms .. if a person cannot use his/her own words talking a technology, he/she has not mastered the technology yet.

Thanks Mike and Ryan aga> The switch doesn't really do a whole lot with Multicast other than deal

Reply to
April
Loading thread data ...

Just because someone isn't good at dumbing down techno speak in order to get the message across to a child (you did say 4th grader) that has no bearing on their understanding or 'mastering' of the topic. It's quite ignorant of you to think it does.

Not everyone can teach .... and not everyone has the intellect to learn.

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

I hope that you don't consider yourself having 'mastered' Multicast because you now have a 4th graders understanding of the technology.

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Bernie, you are overreacting .. I just made some general comments, and most are what I want myself to do and to be able to when I learn new things.

As to the 4th grader th> > thanks Ryan!

Reply to
April

Yes I see how I took you words out of context, sorry about that. When you said "if a person cannot use his/her own words talking a technology, he/she has not mastered the technology yet." You were applying that to yourself (and others). When someone is able to 'talk comfortably' about a subject it shows they have a good understand of it.

I was put off by some of your comments though. They seemed to show little respect to those trying to help ... eg.

To Barry Margolin ... "... I guess you really don't know the technology really well ..."

To Erik Freitag ... "you are not helping .. don't bother"

To "J" ... "If you don't know or cannot understand, you don't have to say anything ..there are people can relate and try to help."

I'm prone to suggest ... if you can't understand someone's answer then admit that and either reconsider what you're asking or how you're asking it ... otherwise take your own advice .... and say nothing ;-)

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Come on Bernie, you are funny.

Once again, you are taking my replies out of context without showing what the replies relied to. For what I replied to, there was no info/meat at all, so there is nothing I did not understand (I do have enough background to understand networking, but just need to connect the missing dots for this particular issue). In those posts, just someings like we are the pros, you are the rookie, come back in 20 years..who needs that?! ;-)

I put different questions in here, specific and general, hoping that more people can help, like some one can answer one or two specific ones, and provide ref on the general (like you did). It turned out that there are people knew exactly what I meant, and provided excellent explanations.

We call ourselves pros, but most time we are > > BernieM wrote:

Reply to
April

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.