tricks for multiple SONET APS groups on one chassis?

Are there any "gotchas" with doing multiple APS groups on a single 7609? I have one working APS group on the chassis, with both interfaces on a single card:

interface POS2/2 description WORK aps group 1 aps working 1 ! interface POS2/3 description PROTECT aps group 1 aps protect 1

I'm trying to add a new APS group 2:

interface POS 9/1 description new-WORK aps group 2 aps working 1 ! interface POS 2/1 description new-PROTECT aps protect 1

Failover of the new APS group is sort-of working; on cable pull, sometimes failover is fast, other times it takes as much as a minute to failover.

The two interfaces are being handed to a telco, although it's a different telco from that which is connected to the working APS group.

Software is 12.2(18)SXF7 .

Reply to
Phil Begriffenfeldt
Loading thread data ...

I think the IP address you are using needs to be different for each APS group. Just add another loopback interface and use that for the second APS group.

"Phil Begriffenfeldt" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.