Shaping ATM PVC in 12.4T

Cisco documentation on

formatting link
this feature.

Shaping in an ATM PVC Policy The shape feature is now supported at the ATM PVC level through a service policy. Prior to applying the service policy to the PVC, a service category such as vbr-nrt has to be enabled on the PVC. You can then apply a class-based shaping within an ATM PVC as shown in the following example: policy-map p1 class c1ass-default shape average 1000000 service-policy p2 policy-map p2 class ef priority 1000 class prec3 bandwidth percent 40 class prec1 bandwidth percent 25 interface atm1/0.1 pvc 1/100 vbr-nrt 2000 2000 service-policy output p1

I dont see what has changed here. I was able to apply same thing on my pvc even on 11.x IOS.. What has changed?

Reply to
[FX] Tarandeep singh
Loading thread data ...

on

formatting link
lists this feature.

I can't coment on your specific question however I can say that as far as I have experienced, the CB QoS implementation was very patchy with different features that actually worked on different platforms and across different interfaces.

It that has been fixed it will be a very good thing.

It was close to 'none of it actually worked' *and* it was not documented what worked and what did not. Maybe thats why it was fixed - easier than documenting all the exceptions. :)

On the few occassions when I have actually *had* to implement QoS I have ended up using CAR "rate-limit" 'cos that was the only thing that actually worked on my interfaces and hardware. On a modern TCP with selective ACK it turns out that the drops do not hurt the user experience too much in most cases.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.