Routing using w2k behind cisco routers, can this be done?

Hello, I have a w2k server on each remote office, i am unable to enable routing on the cisco routers because i need gre tunnels and some of our offices have a pix and the pix do not support gre tunnels. I enable rip on one of the remote servers and i was able to recive updates from other servers. If i set up rip on all remote servers (8) and set up the ip of the remote servers as partners will i be able to create a mesh between all my sites? I tried ospf and i dont think it works with the ipsec tunnels. I was thinking may be ibgp but i dont want more hardware and windows 2000 does not support bgp. I am not sure if rip would do the trick, because it makes its decisions based on hop count. My problem is that some times the direct connection between two routers is bad and many packets are discarted. I am also considering replacing the pix with a router just to be able to set up gre tunnels. any thoughts on this?

Reply to
jcharth
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.