routing email

Hi, Using a single outside address I need to route all incoming smtp to one box and route all outgoing smtp from another box out through the same address.

I have two boxes for email (incoming/outgoing), but I need to use the same outside address for both. Currently I have all traffic routed to one with ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.222 25 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 25 extendable and the other sends out mail through a nat pool address. This prooves to be problematic, other companies doing and reverse lookup sometimes bounce our mail.

Reply to
mwest
Loading thread data ...

On 10 Apr 2006, "mwest" posted some news:QeA_f.501$ snipped-for-privacy@chiapp18.algx.net:

There's no traffic in afc. You'll do better asking for assistance in cdsc.

If you have an access list on your NAT pool, you could deny port 25 outbound PAT for that particular host, or all hosts. I may be wrong here, but I believe the traffic would then be passed out the only available address which you are using now for inbound. A route-map and local policy routing might be a better solution.

Reply to
Michael

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.