Router to router and pix redundant IPSEC VPN

I have a home_office with multi-link internet circuits (2). I have a remote_office with one internal router and two pix firewalls with a dsl router in front of one and another broadband router in front of the other. I currently have an IPSEC tunnel working from the home_office to the DSL router and through the pix inside, works fine. I now have a redundant connection at the remote_office, a broadband router in front of and additional pix. the pix has a routable subnet sent to it and is able to be homed to it's outside interface. i want to set this up for redundancy, i have read that it's possible to have a VPN ipsec tunnel to two peers for redundancy. How?

the home_office has two peers to choose from (dsl router) or (pix behind Broadband)both with the same matching ACL and transfrom-set and isakmp policy. are the two peers set in the same crypto map instance? are they in the same map but differnet instances? i can't seem to get it to work. anyone got an example. thanks!

Reply to
rsurfer
Loading thread data ...

follow up... I got this to work with two peers set in the first crypto map instance and then the last crypto map instance had a duplicate of the redundant peer. ie

cry map my_vpn 10 ipsec-isakmp set peer 1.1.1.2 set peer 10.10.10.2 set transform-set my-vpn-ts match add 101 cry map my_vpn 15 ipsec-isakmp set peer 172.16.200.1 set transform-set my-vpn-ts2 match add 102 cry map my_vpn 20 ipsec-isakmp set peer 10.10.10.2 set transform-set my-vpn-ts match add 101

seems somewhat strange to me but it did work. any thoughts?

Reply to
rsurfer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.