Router crashes frequently when using NAT table limiting

Hi,

This is quite a weird problem that has been experienced by somebody else, see here:

formatting link
My specs: Cisco 837 with 48Mb RAM running IOS 12.3(8)T

As soon as the following rule is enabled in the config, and the router is under p2p load, it will begin crashing from between 2 minutes to about 10 minutes uptime.

ip nat translation max-entries host 192.168.10.3 700

Now, the previous post mentions they had an old version of IOS and that the feature was still new. But this is 2.5 years later and it is happening for me as well.

Can anybody shed any light at all on this, and what I can do to be able to use the feature?

Reply to
elixxir
Loading thread data ...

Actually, let me re-phrase. Obviously it hasn't been fixed in this release of the system so I guess the real question is which IOS supports it properly and will it run on my measly 48Mb?

Reply to
elixxir

You may wish to investigate the Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.