Question about core design with ospf

Hi all,

I schould redisign a given network. it is a medium enterprise net with

2 cat6509 (core) and 4 cat6509 as distribution.the customer also want to migrate to a full L3 network. actual there are only L2 EC between the routers. right now, what is the best design or what is a good way top make decission ?? first I like to change the L2 trunk between the core's to a L3 trunk. then there is a redundant connection between the core's and all distribution routers.these should also a L3 trunk!! should i need also the trunk( actual L2) between both destribution routers ? if yes, L3 or L2 ? for me to understand it's not important ?!?! but in some case studies I saw there is a link not only to the core's also a link (EC L2 or L3) between the distribution routers ?!?!

distri1--------------------------------------L2 EC trunk---------------------distri2 | also cross connection distri1/2-core1/2 | | | | | core1--------------------------------L2 EC trunk--------------------------core2 | | | also cross connection distri1/2-core | | | | | distri3--------------------------------------L2 EC trunk---------------------distri4

Reply to
udo
Loading thread data ...

I would connect the network as follows

You may want to draw out the connections to see what I am saying.

IF you have Distribution switches Named D1,D2,D3,D4 Access switches named A1,A2 and core switches named C1,C2

1. connect A1 via L2 trunk to both D1 and D2,
  2. connect A2 via L2 trunk to both D3 and D4.
  3. Create a L2 trunk connection between D1 and D3.
  4. Create a L2 trunk connection between D2 and D4.
  5. Create a Layer 3 Connection from D1 to both C1 and C2
  6. Create a Layer 3 Connection from D2 to both C1 and C2
  7. Create a Layer 3 Connection from D3 to both C1 and C2
  8. Create a Layer 3 Connection from D4 to both C1 and C2
  9. Create a Layer 3 Connection Via CROSSOVER cable from C1 and C2

Thank you

udo wrote:

Reply to
ciscortp

Hi,

thanks for this information..

udo

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com schrieb:

Reply to
udo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.