removing a subif

how do I remove this sub interface

interface FastEthernet0/1 no ip address no ip redirects no ip unreachables no ip proxy-arp duplex auto speed auto no cdp enable ! BELOW THIS i WANT TO REMOVE interface FastEthernet0/1.5 encapsulation isl 944 ip address 172.19.x.x 255.255.240.0 no ip redirects no cdp enable

I have tried to go

kcs-cisco(config)#no int fa0/1.944

and I get this message

Not all config may be removed and may reappear after reactivatin the sub-interface when I type

Reply to
arell12
Loading thread data ...

I would:- conf t interface FastEthernet0/1 no int fa0/1.944

(The following is guesswork, caveat emptor.)

However I suspect that the result will be the same.

This result though does not affect operation. What it is saying is that if you subsequently re-create the same sub-interface /then possibly/ some of the old sub-interface config might 'magically' re-appear.

Personally I would probably ignore the mesage.

If you wanted to make it go away you could I guess restore ALL of the commands for the sub-interface to their unconfigured state before deleting the sub interface.

no encapsulation isl 944 no ip address 172.19.x.x 255.255.240.0 ip redirects cdp enable

If that did not work and you were /really/ desperate to make it go away you could I guess edit the startup-config on another computer and tftp it back on and reload. There though lies a broken router.

Reply to
Bod43

The sub-if remains after delete should go away afetr rebooting the machine.

Wlodek.

Reply to
Everyman

Reply to
JebediahSpringfield

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.