redist: bgp -> ripv2

[rtr1]____bgp____[rtr2]____ripv2____[rtr3]

Don't seem to be able to get it going. Please, no lectures on why this may not be a good idea... it's only 15 routes or so.

I'm presented with two issues.

1. Getting the bgp routes into rip.

Rtr2 config:

router rip version 2 redistribute bgp 65117 network 195.16.87.0 no auto-summary ! router bgp 65117 no synchronization bgp log-neighbor-changes bgp redistribute-internal network 195.16.87.32 mask 255.255.255.248

1. Getting the network between rtr1 and rtr2 into rip.

I could designate this network with the network command, but then I believe rip will begin advertising on it and this is not permissable.

Reply to
Dom
Loading thread data ...

Seems that I haven't thought this through completely. I've got public and private networks on the back end and no nat. This raises and entirely new question: Is it possible to not nat the internal public range while overloading the internal private range? The following does not seem to do the trick (inside and outside interfaces deignated but not shown).

ip nat inside source list nat interface Ethernet1 overload ip access-list standard nat deny 195.16.87.32 0.0.0.7 permit any

Figured this one out: redistribute connected.

Reply to
Dom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.