Re: PIX 515E, VPN client has no route to outside network via vpn

>:>:> this is because when u are connected via VPN, all your connection will

>:> be tunneled back to PIX. > >:I have two very different networks inside (192, 172) and I doubt >:with split tunneling that will work. > > Why not? I split tunnel to four different inside networks on our 525.

Well, of course I can do it, but the issue is, I'd rather have all traffic go through our 525 when they are in VPN mode, than half of it go through some public network somewhere in the world.

:Plus I would rather see all traffic go through my PIX than through that >:guys internet, as long as he is connected via VPN. > > Since you have a 515E, you can upgrade the memory on it to 128 Mb > and then install PIX 7.0(1), which will allow you to do the kind of > loop-back connections that you want.

lucky I already have 128MB. Well, this is my first PIX and I really don't know how to upgrade, I don't even know how to get the software.

Are there any HowTos for this?

If you need to stick to PIX 6.3 and you cannot subnet your public IP > space or your WAN router does not support VLANs, then you cannot do > what you want to do without adding additional resources. Perhaps > a caching proxy server (e.g., squid) would be a possibility for you.

Hmm, I already thought about that, but that would be my last solution.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Clemens Schwaighofer
Loading thread data ...

In article , Clemens Schwaighofer wrote: :> Since you have a 515E, you can upgrade the memory on it to 128 Mb :> and then install PIX 7.0(1), which will allow you to do the kind of :> loop-back connections that you want.

:lucky I already have 128MB. Well, this is my first PIX and I really :don't know how to upgrade, I don't even know how to get the software.

formatting link
:Are there any HowTos for this?

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I was alrady there, and I saw nothing. So probably I need to upgrade my level from guest to registered with my service contract number.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Reply to
Clemens Schwaighofer

|>

formatting link
|I was alrady there, and I saw nothing. So probably I need to upgrade |my level from guest to registered with my service contract number.

Right, at that screen you need to click on the registered user access portion to get to the software.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.