QOS management on 2960 lan-lite switches

Dear all,

one of my customers is starting to migrate his voice infrastructure to a solution based on Cisco UCM and Cisco VOIP phones. The access switches he is currently using are all Cisco 2960 with LAN-LITE feature set and unfortunately the qos capabilities of these devices are very limited.

In my first attempt to overcome this limitation I deployed and tested the configuration reported below:

mls qos mls qos srr-queue input cos-map queue 2 threshold 1 3 5 mls qos srr-queue input priority-queue 2 bandwidth 20 mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 1 threshold 1 3 5 mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 2 threshold 3 0

The problem is that the customer is currently using a desktop virtualization solution (not Cisco VXI) based on ultra-thin client devices; these devices generate a very bursty traffic workload and the output-queue 2-3 is experiencing a very high packet drop (which generates a poor user experience).

Next step I'd like to try is to grow the output queue size of the fast-ethernet ports from 40 (which is the default) to 60 in the attempt to lower the tail-drop effet on the output-queue 2-3. What about it?

Are there any options or solutions I'm currently not considering?

Regards.

Alberto

Reply to
devx
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.