protected ports

I have set up a series of ports as protected, and the servers cannot talk to each other. The admins decided that 2 of the servers need to talk to each other, now. I tried putting a rule in the firewall (the switch is used as a DMZ hanging off of a Checkpoint firewall), but they still don't seem to be able to talk and there is no record of any packets inthe firewall logs.

ideas?

Reply to
thcollicutt
Loading thread data ...

If you define two ports on a switch as protected, they won't talk to each other period. If your switch supports it, you want to look into private vlans as a replacement for port protection.

------------------------- Scott

formatting link

Reply to
scottpdotnet

I am suspecting there is more to it that previously thought. They don't talk to each other when neither are protected.

On a closer inspection, one of the servers was never on a protected port anyway.

I work for a provincial government in Canada. I take whatever equipment I can get.

Reply to
thcollicutt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.