PPTP Client Behind Linksys to PIX VPN with overlapping Private Address

I'm like most companies; I use both the 192.168.1.0 and 10.1.1.0 subnets. Unfortunately, when my coworkers travel or go home they often get these same addresses from their networks. Currently we don't have a good solution to this problem. If someone could point me in the appropiate direction, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks, Jamdatadude

Reply to
jamdatadude
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Permitting PPTP Connections Through the PIX:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Gotta love it when what you are thinking doesn't make it into your post. I should have added that the PPTP connections terminating at the PIX not a seperate server. Typically on their side they are behind some linksys device; however, they don't have the option to change the I address.

Thanks, jason

Reply to
jamdatadude

I'm trying to picture why this wouldn't work....what addresses are you assigning to the VPN client? If its the same subnet as the client's physical interface it be a problem, but it would be simple to use a 172.16.x.x subnet. I haven't come across any ISPs or defaults that use this...yet.

If you really want to avoid problems, use public addresses for you VPN clients.

Reply to
RC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.