PIX to Contivity

Hi all,

I am trying to establish a VPN between a PIX 506 ( 6.3(4) ) and a Nortel Contivity. I don't have access to the Contivity.

A "sh isakmp sa" shows that the state of the tunnel doesn't go further than MM_KEY_EXCH

and a "debug cry isakmp" gives

ISAKMP (0): beginning Main Mode exchange crypto_isakmp_process_block:src:id3124, dest:x.x.x.x spt:500 dpt:500 OAK_MM exchange ISAKMP (0): processing SA payload. message ID = 0

ISAKMP (0): Checking ISAKMP transform 1 against priority 20 policy ISAKMP: encryption 3DES-CBC ISAKMP: hash SHA ISAKMP: default group 2 ISAKMP: auth pre-share ISAKMP: life type in seconds ISAKMP: life duration (basic) of 28000 ISAKMP (0): atts are acceptable. Next payload is 0 ISAKMP (0): SA is doing pre-shared key authentication using id type ID_FQDN return status is IKMP_NO_ERROR crypto_isakmp_process_block:src:id3124, dest:x.x.x.x spt:500 dpt:500 OAK_MM exchange ISAKMP (0): processing KE payload. message ID = 0

ISAKMP (0): processing NONCE payload. message ID = 0

ISAKMP (0): ID payload next-payload : 8 type : 2 protocol : 17 port : 500 length : 25 ISAKMP (0): Total payload length: 29 return status is IKMP_NO_ERROR crypto_isakmp_process_block:src:id3124, dest:x.x.x.x spt:500 dpt:500

and after a few seconds ISAKMP: error, msg not encrypted

What exactly can i conclude with this message. Does this means that the we don't use the same transform-set ? or something else ?

thanks

Reply to
mcaissie
Loading thread data ...

FYI

problem is resolved

"ISAKMP: error, msg not encrypted" indicates that both sides cannot exchange the preshared-key

"> ISAKMP (0): SA is doing pre-shared key authentication using id type ID_FQDN " indicates that the PIX is sending it's identity using a hostname. Idendity authentication must be the same on both side. So the problem was resolved by adding the command

isakmp identity address

Reply to
mcaissie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.