PIX / SMTP question - Help?

I recently installed a PIX 506 on our network. Previously had a 3620

+FW IOS doing the firewalling.

Network: Two companies share the same internet conn., but with two different domains - two DC's and multiple clients on each domain. Both

servers are SBS and act as mail servers (Exchange) for their respective

domains.

I am currently sending and receiving email on both domains from all outside domains, and each sends inside emails fine (client to client within the domain). The problem I have is that I routinely need to forward mail from one of our domains to the other. Since the addition of the PIX I can't do this.

So to beat this dead horse: Company A and Company B use the same firewall. Company A and Company B can both send and receive email from

every domain except Company B (for A) and Company A (for B), and it all started with the addition of the PIX.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reply to
Dblood
Loading thread data ...

Check the post "Why can't i see domains on the inside of my PIX 501"

It's probably for the same reason. Your mailserver A resolve mailserver B with it's translated outside address and vice versa.

Add the dns parameter in your mailserver static translations and it should resolve your problem.

static (inside,outside) [outside IP mailserverA] [inside IP mailserverA] dns netmask 255.255.255.0 0 0 static (inside,outside) [outside IP mailserverB] [inside IP mailserverB] dns netmask 255.255.255.0 0 0

Reply to
mcaissie

Likewise you can also better configure internal DNS to resolve smtp.companyA.com for internal queries to respond with the internal IP instead of the outside IP. This is quite common.

Reply to
J

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.