PIX on a Stick?

So I need a ton of DMZ ports all of a sudden. I know that the PIX supports VLAN's, and I also know that the PIX will not route out of the same interface that the packet comes in on. So, if I create say 5 VLAN's (non-routable on the switch) and trunk it to the firewall will I be able to create rules to allow traffic to the different VLAN's?

Example, I have VLAN 10,11,12 on the switch with no IP addresses. I create logical interfaces on the PIX as everyone's gateway. Rules permitting, can I allow a computer in VLAN 10 to talk to a computer in VLAN 11?

Thanks!

Reply to
Wil
Loading thread data ...

Okay, so some reading proved that this can be done... Now, since I need more bandwidth of course, how about aggrigating PIX ports? ;)

A two GigE trunk would be nice, never heard of one on a PIX though...

Wil my 3¢

Wil wrote:

Reply to
Wil

In article , Martin Bilgrav wrote: :GE is only supported pn PIX525 and higher

Correct. Some people have reported that you can get a single GE to work in a PIX 515/515E.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

GE is only supported pn PIX525 and higher

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

ok - didnot know this... But still, considering the throughput performance on 515e, this can really be an option, also considering it is unsupported from Cisco's side.

rgds Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.