Pix 515 - upgrade from 635 to 722 - sendmail breaks

Hello,

I am having a problem that I can't seem to figure where to look.

My original setup is sendmail on Linux in a DMZ using a PIX 515 and version 6.35. Everything works just dandy.

Last night I installed more RAM and upgraded the PIX to 7.22. I did some testing and everything seemed to upgrade rather easily. The only thing that seemed to have any significant effect is that users got prompted when they initiated a VPN. No big deal. I created accounts.

Well, during the day I started getting complaints about email. I checked into it and emails originating from within the network were working fine. Emails coming from outside were not. I checked my sendmail logs and I was receiving these messages:

Apr 23 15:35:01 ford sendmail[4208]: l3NIYkeR004208: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from m4.campaignmonitor.com, from= Apr 23 15:35:10 ford sendmail[4235]: l3NIZ0Vt004235: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from cdaams01.thecreek.com, from= Apr 23 15:38:30 ford sendmail[4657]: l3NIcKC5004657: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from VMTA03.S2U2.COM, from= Apr 23 15:38:50 ford sendmail[4711]: l3NIccte004711: SYSERR(root): collect: read timeout on connection from 142.41.globalpercept.com, from=

From what I seem to have found out is that they relate to the

connection being killed in mid stream.

After spending time trying to figure it out, I rolled back to 6.35. Immediately email went back to normal.

Any ideas on what could be going on with the upgrade that is causing this? Something with fixup and inspection?

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Reply to
raider.adam
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.