PIX 501 website traffic out and come back in

I am using a CISCO PIX 501 with port 80 forwarded to my web server. I am using a flash content manager called fCMS on my website. The way the content manager is pathed it has to go out to

formatting link
the web and come back into the web server. The PIX does not allow this but I don't know why. Does anybody know how to allow traffic to go out and come back in? Thank you for your help in advance!

Reply to
kg026
Loading thread data ...

You can't do that on a PIX 501.

However, what you -can- do is reconfigure you DNS services so that when an inside host makes a request to

formatting link
it is told the internal IP address rather than the external IP address.

The mechanisms for configuring that depend upon whether your DNS server is inside or outside. If it is outside, it would be configured by using the 'dns' keyword on a 'static' command, if you are using PIX 6.3; in PIX 6.2, you would look at the 'alias' command instead.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Is "

formatting link
" the same URL as the hosted one on the inside server, or is it on an outsied server ?

Regards Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Sorry for the late reply! When an inside host goes to

formatting link
it resolves to the internal IP which is why we are so confused as to why this is a problem. The fCMS software support can't figure it out either! Thanks!

Reply to
kg026

formatting link
is an internal hosted server. Thanks!

Reply to
kg026

The Pix won't allow traffic to exit the same interface that it entered from. You would have to resolve the host locally so that it used the internal address and not the external.

Chris.

Reply to
chris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.