Pix 501 updgrade problems

Hello,

Hope you can help. I am attempting to upgrade to pdm0304.bin & pix635.bin and running into problems.

Setup as follows:

Pix 501 interface 1 = 192.168.1.1

TFTP Server listening on port 69. Static IP address 192.168.1.2. TFTP server connected by CAT5 to one port switch on Pix 501.

Entered commands as follows from monitor...

interface 1 address 192.168.1.1 gateway 192.168.1.1 ping 192.168.1.2 (Ping OK) server 192.168.1.2 file pix635.bin tftp

The TFTP server (Solarwinds TFTP) is configured to allow read & write for 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.10

TFTP command times out as the file is never copied. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
wconnaughton
Loading thread data ...

Does the TFTP server logs see any connection from the Pix?

Reply to
chris

1, Make sure the tftp server is configured properly, it's root needs to be where the file is. 2, XP firewall? 3, Make sure your file/folder preferences on the PC are set to show extentions, verify that the file is really a .bin, have seen them saved incorrectly before.
Reply to
Brian V

- do not give gateway the same IP as the PIX inside tinterface

- check the TFTP server log for further debug.

- try Run the upgrade from running config

HTH Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

this is really weird. I was able to load one file after about thirty attempts. I have not been able to get it to work again.

Here is additional update:

No firewall settings Running Windows 2003 server. Took system off of network and uninstalled antivirus. Running Solarwinds free tftp

No errors in log file. only could not send file to pix...

Please let me know if anyone has any additional thoughts or recommendations

Reply to
listserve2006

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.