Ping tracking for redundancy

Hi -

My network is as follows:

Two Cat 3750 running SMI with HSRP at a main site (let's call them s1 and s2 - w/ s1 as the primary).

s1 is connected to a remote site via metro enet to a router r1 s2 is connected to the same remote site via a router r2 connected to a T1 to r1

r1 and r2 are 1700s w/ IP feature set.

At r1, my default route is to s1 w/ another default route to r2 as a backup with a higher metric.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish (this is mainly going to require configuration on r1 and s1 I think). The metro enet interface on r1 and s1 NEVER goes down, even if the circuit does. As a result, I was using SLA tracking on r1 to ping s1. Works fine - the route fails over and back (although slowly on the failback). Problem is on s1. With SMI, how do I say: route traffic to the remote site via s2 if r1 is not pingable? I set up SLA monitoring (rtr) on s1, but the tracking functionality doesn't seem to be in the SMI.

I know this is easily fixed by running EIGRP, but I'm trying to NOT buy the EMI.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
bigbrorpi
Loading thread data ...

How about running RIP between the switches and the routers and redistributing? SMI supports RIP and static routing.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.