OWA and PIX (hope you all understand)

First off I have been reading and reading and reading and I must be missing something. Secondly, I'm not a PIX expert, well let me rephrase that, I'm not an expert. Jack of all trades master of none sort of speak. Lastly, please someone help!!!!!!!! LOL (yes I am a bit frustrated)

I have one WIN2k3 with exchange 2k3. IIS is running on it and OWA works perfectly inside the network. I got an SSL and installed. Seems to be working fine. I have also created the "custom error route" for https and that works fine. On the server i have 2 nics with different IPs on it. y.y.y.24 is in my inside DNS and my pix routes all my SMTP traffic to this ip (outside x.x.x.30). The other one y.y.y.48 i want to use just for IIS and OWA (outside x.x.x.35). For test purposes I disabled the .48 on the server and changed my test box ip to .48.

Now we get to the pix, this seems to be such an easy task. Open up port 80 and 443 on my pix and do a static from my outside ip to my inside ip.

x is public, y is private

I have created an access-list

access-list OWA tcp any host x.x.x.35 eq 443 access-list OWA tcp any host x.x.x.35 eq 80

then a static:

static (inside,outside) x.x.x.35 y.y.y.48

Then i assigned the access-list to a an interface

access-group OWA in interface outside

For some reason once i do this i lose all internet connectivity on my test server (y.y.y.48). Needless to say you can't see the site from the outside what so ever. What am I missing?

Reply to
lmacias24
Loading thread data ...

Make sure to do a "clear arp" on the PIX after you make this change. If not, it will have a wrong MAC address associated with .48.

Reply to
mcaissie

mcaissie,

I knew it was something i just didn't see. Thanks for the reply it worked like a charm. Now i get to keep my job for another 2 weeks or so. lol.

Reply to
Lui

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.