Pix 515 with a Barracuda SPAM FW and SMTP and HTTP access

I have a Pix 515 v.6.3 using PAT. I have a static translation from my outside network to my inside mail server both for HTTP and SMTP (they are on the same box).

I have an outside ACL that sends all SMTP/HTTP traffic to this SMTP/HTTP box on the inside

I have a Barracuda SPAM FW inside

I have an SMTP server with HTTP web based email access inside (they on the same box. I know, I know)

Visually, it looks like this.

--------------------Barracuda / Dragons ) ------PixFW ----/ --------------------SMTP/HTTP server

On the Pix, I can setup the static translation to point to either the Barracuda -which will forward to the SMTP OK - but I lose connectivity with HTTP. Or, I can ignore the Barracuda -which I don't want to do - and just send all SMTP and HTTP requests to my HTTP server.

Is there a way to have the SMTP traffic head to the Barracuda (then forward the SMTP server) and the HTTP traffic head to by HTTP mail gateway without a static translation in the meantime keeping the HTTP/SMTP box the same?

Reply to
Joel
Loading thread data ...

you can use:

static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.x.x 25 192.168.0.5 25 netmask

static (inside,outside) tcp x.x.x.x 80/443 192.168.0.6 80/443 netmask

access-list myacl permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 25 access-list myacl permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 80/443

Now these are PAT translations not static translations, you can only use a static translation with one internal IP and one external IP.

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.