OSPF and EIGRP interaction troubles

hi there, well, I have basically the following:

A B

-------------------------- Net 1 { | } | { | } |

-------------------------- Net 2 C D

A, B, C, D are cisco routers, mix of != type.

{ } represent a slow backup link,

| | represent a fast link

A, B are configured using EIGRP C, D are configured using OSPF (differents clients) sometimes the fast link drop, and the backup take place. OK when the fast link come back, the C router get blindly routing throught A to reatch Net1, I have to manually set it back to the default D-B link.(shut down of A side interface) I don't know why routes doesn't come back to normal after link restore. I think this is because of bad interaction of protocols. or may be a too selective neighborhood ? May I have your points of view.

thanks for your time.

Reply to
dominix
Loading thread data ...

If A and B are running EIGRP and C and D are running OSPF, how are A and B learning the OSPF routes and vice versa? One set of those routers needs to be redistributing routes. I would probably run OSPF on the EIGPR routers and redistribute the OSPF routes into EIGRP there. HTH.

Robert

Reply to
robert.edmeister

thank for the advice, I 'll check for redistribute. BTW, is redistribute working like neighborhood ?

bye

Reply to
dominix

redistribute ospf 1 1000 100 250 1 1500

That tells EIGRP to accept the routes that are learned via OSPF and give them the EIGRP specific metric 1000 100 250 1 250.

HTH Robert

Reply to
Robert

With redistribution you will NEED to ensure that you do not get routing loops by configuring restrictions on the redistribution. Check the documentation.

Since you have two parallel redistribution points you need route maps and or access-list on the redustribution.

formatting link

Reply to
anybody43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.