new config file at run time

Hi,

Is it possible to load a complete new configuration file whilst the switch is running to redefine the VLAN port mappings (perhaps something like "copy FILE running-config"), and if so would this have any effect on the ports that were not modified by the new config file? e.g. cause them to briefly loose connectivity

I have a number of predefined VLAN configurations that need to be changed at runtime (we are designing a reconfigurable training system, where PCs need to changed between VLANs for different configurations) and i from looking through the manual it looks like the only way to do this is to use the CLI and reconfigure port by port.

This configuration needs to be done remotely without rebooting the switch as multiple systems can use the same switch. I dont have control of the hardware switch architecture as this has already been defined

thanks

Neil

Reply to
neilbirtles
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.