N2H2 and URL fiiltering

All,

We have a PIX 515E running 7.0(4), and we're ready to insert it into our network. We also have an N2H2 filter running on a Linux box, and we want the PIX and N2H2 to get along. Configuring the two to cooperate seems fairly straight-forward, at least for the simple configuration we have in mind. But I saw this in the PIX 7.0 Commands.pdf file:

The N2H2 server must be a Windows workstation (2000, NT, or XP), running an IFP Server, with a recommended minimum of 512 MB of RAM.

What's the deal here? Are they saying they don't want URL filter to be a wimpy machine? Or is Linux strictly forbidden for some reason, and using a Linux based N2H2 server crashes. If the latter, why doesn't the PIX cooperate with N2H2 on Linux?

Thanks in advance for any help.

B Squared ====================================================================== I read this article. It said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, smoking too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? This is my idea of a great day! -- Monica Piper

Reply to
"B Squared"
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.