Multiple network/Multiple provider Routing

All,

I have a Cisco 2821 configured to bond two T1's from one provider with CEF. This network connects, in turn, to Gig0/0 to my production firewall. All of this works fine. However, another T1 has been brought in for another purpose. I want to route any traffic from Gig0/1 to this new T1 and from the new T1 to Gig0/1. I know this can be done with something like EIGRP, but will is mess up my current routing? I'm sure if I make a specific route for this ethernet interface, I'll have to do the same for the other, no? Anybody have an example floating around that I could see?

Reply to
tom
Loading thread data ...

No, EIGRP won't do what you want.

You want policy-based-routing.

I assume your other T1 will have another set of IP addresses altogether. Incoming will be fine, because traffic will be set to deliver to that IP, and your connected route will route appropriately.

Outgoing traffic routing will be the issue.

You'll need to setup a PBR policy such that if traffic coming from the src IPs of your gig 0/1 interface comes into the router, that it gets sent back out the new T1 interface instead of following the default route out the other set of T1s.

There should be some expamples in the docs for PBR.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.