Know how much memory is being used in router

Hi friends,

There is a 3640 router that has 48 MB of DRAM and 8 MB of flash. The feature set is IP Plus and the IOS is 12.0T. We have OSPF and EIGRP as the routing protocols advertising around 40 routes each and the routing table is about 200 entries. I just wanted to know if there is any command that lets you know how much memory is being used and how much is free. Also, if there is any intelligence required to interpret the output, I wanted to know if there is any link that gives you such information to help you interpret.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot Gautam

Reply to
gautamzone
Loading thread data ...

Hi friends,

There is a 3640 router that has 48 MB of DRAM and 8 MB of flash. The feature set is IP Plus and the IOS is 12.0T. We have OSPF and EIGRP as the routing protocols advertising around 40 routes each and the routing table is about 200 entries. I just wanted to know if there is any command that lets you know how much memory is being used and how much is free. Also, if there is any intelligence required to interpret the output, I wanted to know if there is any link that gives you such information to help you interpret.

Thanks a lot Gautam

Reply to
gautamzone

Hey there Gautam,

Try "sh proc mem"

This will let you know how much memory is in use and how much is free, in brief. Then it gives you a breakdown of the processes and what they are using.

It's pretty straight forward to understand.

LH CCIE#15331

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Leigh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.