ISDN Dialer

My intention is to have remote router AAA make ISDN call to my local router BBB. I am using bridging - this always works well for me. However, on this occasion the remote router tries to make the calls constantly, but they never get to the local. When I changed my local to dial into the remote the call is connected immediately. Any ideas on what is happening? It looks as if the remote ISDN has a problem making calls out but is happy to accept them in.

Remote debug:

01:52:07: BR0/0 DDR: rotor dialout [priority] 01:52:07: Di0 DDR: rotary group to 19952399 overloaded (7) 01:52:07: BR0/0 DDR: Attempting to dial 019952399 01:52:07: ISDN BR0/0: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x3E 01:52:07: Bearer Capability i = 0x8890 01:52:07: Channel ID i = 0x83 01:52:07: Called Party Number i = 0x80, '019952399', Plan:Unknown, Type: Unknown 01:52:07: ISDN BR0/0: RX
Reply to
Ned
Loading thread data ...

Ned wrote: ...

... Ned,

this is where the problem is ... your remote router gets an isdn-disconnect when calling...

the cause 0x81D8 decodes to (from

formatting link

81 - From the private network near the local user [(possibly a local private branch exchange (PBX)].

D8 - indicates that an attempt is made to connect to non-ISDN equipment. (For example, an analog line.)

This cause indicates that the equipment sending this cause has received a request to establish a call that has a low layer compatibility, high layer compatibility, or other compatibility attributes (for example, data rate) that cannot be accommodated.

This code is often seen when the calling device dials the wrong number, and ends up reaching a non-ISDN device. Therefore, verify that the number dialed is correct.

It could also be generated when a a data call wis made to voice number, or a voice call is made to a number that only supports data. If the dialed number is correct, the telco may have configured their switch incorrectly.

So the best bet is, you dial the wrong number.

Since BBB can dial to AAA successfully but not vice versa, it could be that AAA has an isdn-line direct from a telco-provider, but BBB has a line from a PBX ... and that BBB needs to dial an additional 0 (zero) to get into the public network. ... Or, eventually the number is wrong at all.

Rainer

Reply to
Rainer Temme

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.