ike peers on pix 501 and 506

I have a pix 515 right now, I usually have between 1 and 10 pptp clients and 6 remote offices. I believe the 501 has a limit of 10 ike peers, does this mean i have a limit on pptp connections also?. Would the 501 UL be able to handle 6 remotes offices, connected using crypto maps? I bought a 501 UL for backup of the 515 and i dont know how to count how many ike peers i am currently using. I want to connect the

501 in place of the 515 for a week to make sure it will be able to handle the connections but i would rather avoid surprises. if i type

show crypto isakmp sa

I see 6 connections.

Thanks

Reply to
jcharth
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :I have a pix 515 right now, I usually have between 1 and 10 pptp :clients and 6 remote offices. I believe the 501 has a limit of 10 ike :peers, does this mean i have a limit on pptp connections also?.

In theory, no, in that PPTP does not use IKE. However, I do not know if the real restriction is really truely IKE, or if PPTP gets counted in as well, or if there is a seperate PPTP restriction.

Yes with small configurations. With larger configurations, you will likely run out of memory.

Only the active ones count towards the limit. Try show crypto isakmp sa and count the lines that have non-zero "created" values.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Looks like I will be ok, i remove the ips from the output. Thanks alot for your reply. QM_IDLE 0 2 QM_IDLE 0 1 QM_IDLE 0 49 QM_IDLE 0 5 QM_IDLE 0 51 QM_IDLE 0 2

Reply to
jcharth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.