IGMP with Cisco and Extreme switches

Good day,

I have an environment that some of you may be familiar with. We subscribe to a multicast service from Hyperfeed that delivers quote data over the Yipes network. Yipes recently converted their switch in my data center from T4(?) to an Extreme. As of the conversion, I have to turn off IGMP snooping on the Cisco switches in my network in order for servers to recieve the multicast stream. Yipes says they have IGMP snooping turned off in the Extreme switches.

So, first question - has anyone else seen this problem? Second question - any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? During slow periods I can enable igmp debugging on the 2950s.

Previously in troubleshooting this problem I saw the IGMP v2 multicast stream from Hyperfeed, but the Windows servers were responding with IGMP v3. MS provided a hotfix that allows us to specify which version of IGMP to use and that solved the problem in the past, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this incident.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Beck
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.