How to write on syslog which users access via RAS.

Hi all,

how to take track of users authorized to connect to a 3640 to access a compnay's LAN? Till now the syslog reports only that the interface (Async 129) goes up and down.

Many thanks,

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Hi all,

how to take track of users authorized to connect to a 3640 to access a compnay's LAN? Till now the syslog reports only that the interface (Async 129) goes up and down. Obviously I can enable "debug ppp authentication". it shouldn't add too much load to the cpu but that's not the right way to work. Many thanks,

Alex.

Reply to
AM

For integrated modems - MICA (NM-DM) and *I think* NM-AM/NM-AM-V2, you can configure "modem call-record terse". This will provide an informative syslog message each time a modem call disconnects.

In the general case - including external modems, ISDN calls, and whatnot

- you would need to use AAA accounting. As we don't support AAA accounting to syslog (except for voice calls I believe), you would have to set up a RADIUS or Tacacs+ server.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.