fwsm backup system

What solutions are available for backing up the configurations on a multi-context FSWM.

Im interested in commercial or opensource solutions.

Rancid is an OK solution, however my PERL isn't good enough to start hacking expect scripts for multi-context and system login.

Cheers

Rob

Reply to
Rob Shepherd
Loading thread data ...

Rancid works great. You don't need to hack any scripts, simply add each context as an element. Example, the server context is one firewall, the 3rd floor user context is another firewall etc. You do not need to do anything/everything from the admin context unless of course you are running in transparent mode or creating another context. Each context is managable on it's own.

Reply to
Brian V

Indeed.

However, most of my contexts provide firewall services for customers. I don't have an interface on their LANS. My config duties go through the admin context.

changeto context custA sho run changeto context custB sho run changeto system sho run etc.

Cheers

Rob

Reply to
Rob Shepherd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.