Erase all Password on CAT 1900

I purchased a CAT 1900 on eBay but ca't get into it since it's password protected. I have tried all reset suggestions I have found on line from Cisco and this discussion group without success. Does anyone have a suggestion or maybe the Cisco default passwords?

Reply to
mhoff1
Loading thread data ...

I have just e-mailed a pdf to your e-mail address. Hope it is the correct address.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Kayes

I am sure that the mysterious document mailed to you will be correct.

Cisco password recovery is in general well ducumented and works. Note that however some modern kit has the option of dissabling the password recovery feature as a security measure. I don't know if this can be reversed or not.

Search

formatting link
for [password recovery 1900] for example.

formatting link
"Password Recovery Procedure for the Cisco Catalyst 1700, 1900, 2100,

2800, and 2820"

If you are having problems state what is happening and someone will be able to assist.

Reply to
anybody43

I have already tried the recovery method from Martin. It will not go into the diagnostics screen. It asks for the system management password which I don't have either.

Reply to
mhoff1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.