EIGRP, Want to prevent any EIGRP traffic to a interface

I have several DSL access routers (7206VXR's) that customers dsl connections terminate on. These routers all have connections back to our core router (also 7206VXR). I'm running EIGRP between the DSL routers and the core router. (thus when a customer comes online with an ip, EIGRP on the dsl router talks to our core, and core knows where to route for that ip)

My issue is, I do not want any EIGRP info flowing out to our DSL customers. I have tried using the passive-interface on the DSL routers, but customers are telling me they are still seeing EIGRP info on their end.

Do I need to be using an access list on the customer interface side of the DSL access routers? or should the passive-interface be doing the job.

EIGRP config from 1 of the dsl routers:

router eigrp 10 redistribute static passive-interface FastEthernet1/0 (this int goes to dsl customers) network a.b.c.d network a.b.c.e no auto-summary neighbour x.x.x.x FastEthernet0/0 (this int goes to core router)

Reply to
BG
Loading thread data ...

Hey there,

The passive interface should do the job.

Try something along the lines of:-

access-list 101 deny eigrp any any access-list 101 permit ip any any

Put that outbound on the interface as well as the passive interface and do a sh access-list to see if there are any hits on the access-list.

Passive interface should do the trick though...

LH CCIE#15331

BG wrote:

Reply to
Leigh

Hi , use a distribute-list under router eigrp on your central with an access-list denying everything. Example: router eigrp 10 distribute list 1 out fastethernet 1/0 ! access-list 1 deny any ! good luck Horst

Horst Wagner (CCIE# 7975, CCSI# 20806}

Konkret Netzprojekte GmbH Friedrich Mohr Str. 14

56070 Koblenz Germany Tel: +49 261 80091 0 Fax: +49 261 80091 49 Email: snipped-for-privacy@netzprojekte.de Web:
formatting link
Reply to
Horst Wagner

For ISP access routers you may wish to configure "passive-interface default" under the EIGRP routing process and then configure no passive-interfacefor the links back to the core.

While you did not mention it, you would also want to disable CDP on customer facing interfces

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.